7.20.2009

What Color Was That Again?

I recently had a friend ask me the name of the color I used in my son's room. I painted it nearly 2 years ago and I couldn't recall it off the top of my head. What was that color again?

When my husband and I purchased and moved into our first home, we were fortunate enough to have a courteous seller who documented every color on every wall, trim and fixture throughout the house. Every time we needed to freshen the paint, we'd find that handy-dandy paper with all the colors and finishes so we were sure to make an exact match.

It taught me early on to start writing down colors I choose throughout my home; if not for our convenience, then to pay it forward for the next owner of our lovely home. Shortly after we painted the exterior, several people rang our bell to stop and ask the color we chose and I was able to recite it without hesitation (it's not uncommon to go 'color-shopping' in our neck of the woods).

Now, every time we paint a room I'm sure to jot it down in the "house colors" file on my computer. Lucky for my friend, I've taken some more steps toward becoming Well Planned Woman and I can tell her the color she's looking for is Shaker Beige, #HC-45 by Benjamin Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're on this journey together! Share your comments, stories, SNAFU's or recommendations on topics you'd like covered.

Followers

 

Becoming a Well Planned Woman | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates