6.20.2009

Paralyzed by Perfection

I'm one of those people that is paralyzed by perfection - if I don't have time to do it perfectly, then I wait until I do. Unfortunately, I rarely have the time to do everything I want to do and thus my "projects" or even simple things like folding the laundry, get put on hold indefinitely. My guest bed (just outside my laundry room) has been turned into a permanent landing station for clean, unfolded and now wrinkly laundry.

I've been wanting to start a blog for sometime, but find one excuse after another to prolong its genesis. I figured my topic of choice for this blog was fitting to just suck it up and start it already. I mean, who cares it's not designed by a cool designer or it doesn't have it's own cool masthead and logo (yet)? No one. So here it is.

There are a lot of different personalities out there, but if you're anything like me, you get great pleasure out of knowing there's 'order' and you're prepared for anything life throws at you. Now, in reality, that doesn't always happen and thus we're on this ever evolving continuum of learning from our mistakes and becoming more prepared the next time around and more sane as a result.

The purpose of this blog is to work toward that goal of being a Well Planned Woman. A woman who is prepared for what life throws at her. A woman who's summer camp forms were filled out and sent in on time so her son didn't miss out. A woman who doesn't have to stress about "what's for dinner" because it's been planned in advance. A woman who's not scurrying around 10 minutes after she should have left the house for an appointment trying to find her daughters other shoe. Won't you join me? We can learn from each other, vent with one another and hopefully move forward on that continuum of being Well Planned Women together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're on this journey together! Share your comments, stories, SNAFU's or recommendations on topics you'd like covered.

Followers

 

Becoming a Well Planned Woman | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates